NCGA is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for leadership and strategic direction for the Soil Health Partnership (SHP). The Executive Director will be primary advocate, fundraiser, spokesperson and administrator of the SHP by implementing the SHP Strategic Plan.
- Vice President of Production and Sustainability of the National Corn Growers Association
- Soil Health Partnership Steering Committee
Leadership & Management
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing SHP strategic plan objectives to achieve program strategic mission.
- Effectively manage the day-to-day operations, including personnel, logistics, financial and budgeting functions.
- Develop and utilize effective reporting systems to track farmer enrollment, data collection, communications, financial and strategic performance for regular review and adjustment by the Steering Committee.
Communication and Collaboration
- Ability to collaborate and inspire trust with the SHP Steering Committee, and to develop sound working relationships with partners and collaborators across the Soil Health Partnership – predominantly in the Midwest.
- Demonstrates strong emotional intelligence to actively communicate and engage with program farmers, agronomists, partners, funders and collaborators to build meaningful involvement and decision-making participation.
- Promote the organization at events, in promotional materials, and on social media outlets.
- Foster a strong commitment to the enrolled farmers, partners, and collaborators.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in Business Management, Agronomy, Soil Science or related field – Master of Business Administration or Master of Science in related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 Years senior management experience in agricultural industry or relevant field with working knowledge and experience in agricultural production systems.
- Strong leadership experience in strategic planning, execution of strategic objectives, and fundraising to engage a wide range of stakeholders – most importantly farmers.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to the organization’s success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a persuasive and passionate communicator that is engaging when presenting to a range of audiences in varying settings.
- Excellent project management skills.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to HR@ncga.com .
ABOUT NATIONAL CORN GROWERS ASSOCIATION – SOIL HEALTH PARTNERSHIP (SHP)
The Soil Health Partnership brings together diverse partner organizations including commodity groups, federal agencies, universities and environmental groups to work toward the common goal of improving soil health. The SHP is identifying, testing and measuring farm management practices that improve soil health and benefit farmers. We believe the results of this farmer-led project will provide a platform for sharing peer-to-peer information, and lend resources to benefit agricultural sustainability and profitability. An initiative of the National Corn Growers Association, we provide the spark for greater understanding and implementation of agricultural best practices to protect resources for future generations.