NCGA is an equal opportunity employer.
NCGA Director of Research & Productivity
Responsible for management of research programs and serves as lead staff for the Corn Productivity & Quality Action Team (CPQAT).
Vice-President of Production & Sustainability
Duties & Responsibilities:
Serve as lead staff for the CPQAT
- Provide guidance to grower team members and assistance to the Vice-President of Production & Sustainability regarding research priorities for NCGA
- Meet communication, budgeting and meeting requirements set forth by NCGA
- Ensure team develops programs and projects to accomplish NCGA Strategic Plan objectives.
Support funding for corn research through USDA, NSF and other Federal agencies
- Organize efforts to inform policymakers regarding the importance of corn research
- Develop and maintain good relationships with agency staff responsible for federal programs supporting corn research
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the corn research community through attendance and presentations at scientific meetings and conferences
- Advance a national multi-crop phenotyping initiative. Work with DC staff, state staff and other commodity groups to get this initiative authorized in the Farm Bill and sufficient Federal funds appropriated.
Develop research opportunities for corn productivity and improved production practices
- Support commercial research companies developing technology that may provide benefits for growers
- Explore potential research opportunities (both public and private sector) to be considered by CPQAT, including feasibility of technology and potential intellectual property positions
- Support National Agricultural Genotyping Center Board of Directors, assist NCGA and State Directors
- Review state checkoff research proposals as requested
Serve as a resource and coordinator for state and industry corn research program staff
- Provide leadership in facilitating shared consensus amongst state corn organizations on high priority corn research needs and corresponding programs
- To the extent practicable, facilitate the coordination of state-based corn productivity research
- Develop and maintain good relationships with state association staff and provide feedback as requested on in-state corn research projects
Serve as technical staff support for Aflatoxin Mitigation Center of Excellence (AMCOE)
- Manage current research programs and identify additional opportunities for mycotoxin mitigation research
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to operate in a team environment
Ability to travel
Basic knowledge of federal research programs
M.S. in Agronomy or Plant Science (PhD preferred), with an emphasis in Crop Breeding, Genomics, Phenotyping or Bio-informatics, and a minimum of 5 years’ career experience
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to HR@ncga.com by March 31, 2017.