(Posted Fri. Sep 26th, 2014)
An updated slate of farmers will serve their industry as members of the National Corn Growers Association’s action teams and committees in the next fiscal year, which begins Wednesday, actively shaping the future of their industry by guiding programs carrying out the policies and priorities that guide NCGA.
“We’re going to be facing a lot of challenges and opportunities in the year ahead, and it’s great to have such smart and dedicated farmer-leaders helping this organization carry out its mission,” said Maryland corn grower Chip Bowling, who becomes NCGA president on Oct. 1. “We had so many terrific volunteers and are excited to be kicking the year off with this team of leaders. As often happens, we had more outstanding candidates than we had positions for, and we encourage them to stay active in their state and national associations.”
Leadership for NCGA’s six major teams and committees are:
- Ethanol Committee: Jeff Sandborn, chairman; Dennis Gengenbach, vice chairman; Keith Alverson, board liaison.
- Grower Services Action Team: Tom Haag, chairman; Patty Mann, vice chairwoman; Kevin Skunes, board liaison.
- Production and Stewardship Action Team: Don Glenn, chairman; Brent Hostetler, vice chairman; Kevin Ross, board liaison.
- Public Policy Action Team: Jim Reed, chairman; Steve Ebke, vice chairman; Lynn Chrisp, board liaison.
- Research and Business Development Action Team: Tom Mueller, chair; Larry Hoffman, vice chairman; Bob Bowman, board liaison.
- Trade Policy and Biotechnology Action Team: John Linder, chairman; Don Duvall, vice chairman; Jim Zimmerman, board liaison.
Click here for the complete roster of team members. The action teams and committees will have their first set of meetings in St. Louis in December.