- C. Wayne Honeycutt, Ph.D., President & CEO, The Soil Health Institute
- Michelle Perez, Ph.D., Water Initiative Director, American Farmland Trust
- REGISTER HERE
- Noller Herbert, Acting Regional Conservationist, Central Region, NRCS
- Terrell Erickson, Regional Conservationist, Northeast Region, NRCS
- James Tillman, Regional Conservationist, Southeast Region, NRCS
- Astor Boozer, Regional Conservationist, West Region, NRCS
- REGISTER HERE
Background: As stewards of the land, U.S. corn farmers are committed to continuous conservation and sustainability improvements in the production of corn. In support of the NCGA mission to create and increase opportunities for corn growers and the vision to sustainably feed and fuel a growing world, NCGA leaders have established corn industry goals for achieving further environmental improvements by 2030. While the goals are achievable, it will take a unified and concerted effort as we work together to support farmers in moving the needle. This webinar series is designed to offer relevant resources and create opportunities for dialogue and connection to support on the ground efforts for increased conservation and continuous improvement.
Webinar Series: The webinar series will resume in March of 2022, tentatively continuing the Tuesday afternoon schedule. Each one-hour live webinar will include top-of-the line presentations by subject matter experts and relevant organizational leadership, followed by 20 minutes for Q&A and state staff dialogue with presenters. (Webinars will be recorded.) Tentative additional topics will include:
- Overview of the Field to Market 2021 National Indicators Report (release date: December 2021) and Baseline for Corn Sustainability Goals,
- Success in Stewardship Network Highlights and Potential Future Opportunities,
- Working with Conservation NGOs,
- Working with Conservation Funders, and
- Working with Supply Chain around Common Goals.