- Applicant must be an NCGA member or the child of an NCGA member.
- Applicants must be pursuing a graduate degree in an agriculture field.
- A completed application must be submitted by January 31, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Scholarships are for one year. Previous recipients may not apply.
NCGA understands the role of research and scientific discovery in production agriculture. We are proud to recognize the hard work and contributions of today’s graduate students who are working in the critical areas of Digital/Precision Ag, Germplasm/Breeding, Agronomy, Crop Protection and Sustainability.
To recognize their efforts, NCGA will award two $2,500 scholarship to a graduate student whose area of study will benefit the corn sector.
In 2023 NCGA and 8 state partners launched a Consolidated Scholarship Application. Please click the button below to apply for the Graduate Student Scholarship for the Fall 2023 semester. Below are the specific requirements for the Graduate Student Scholarship:
- A completed online application
- Current resume or CV
- Current transcript showing completion for your undergraduate degree or enrollment in a graduate program
- One letter of recommendation
- The letter must be from a non-famly member and should be from a faculty member, staff member of your educational institution, or mentor
- Two completed Essay Questions:
- What are the three most significant challenges facing agriculture today? How would you address these challenges? (500 words)
- How do you intend to use your graduate degree to advance the corn sector? (500 words)
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship program or the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org