- Applicant must be entering at least his/her second undergraduate year at an accredited college or university.
- Applicant must be an NCGA member or son/daughter of an NCGA member.
- Employees and the families of employees of NCGA or any division of BASF or their subsidiaries are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The application must be submitted by January 31, 2022 by 11:59 Central Time.
- Scholarships are for one year. Previous recipients may not apply.
The National Corn Growers Association and BASF Corporation will award five $1,500 scholarships to undergraduate students pursuing a degree in any field. In addition to receiving the scholarship funds, winners will also take part in networking and other opportunities with BASF.
In 2022 NCGA and 5 state partners launched a Consolidated Scholarship Application. Please click the button below to apply for the NCGA William C. Berg Academic Excellence Scholarship for the Fall 2022 semester. Below are the specific requirements for the NCGA William C. Berg Academic Excellence Scholarship:
- A completed online application
- Current transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- One should be from a non-family member
- One should be from a faculty member, staff member of your educational institution, or mentor
- Current resume
- One completed Essay Questions: (Please answer 1 of the 3 essay questions)
- In 4-5 paragraphs, please describe how your interests and achievements, both academic and extra-curricular, demonstrate a capacity for leadership, commitment to using your knowledge to serve the agriculture industry and to applying your talents to improve the lives of others.
- How will you be an advocate for agriculture in your future career? Be sure to include how you will positively impact agriculture. (500 word essay) OR Provide YouTube link to 2-3 minute video answering the same question.
- In 4-5 paragraphs, what are the three most important issues facing agriculture today?
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship program or the application process please email email@example.com
With a rapidly growing population, the world is increasingly dependent on farmers’ ability to develop and maintain sustainable agriculture and healthy environments. Working with farmers, agricultural professionals, pest management experts and others, BASF helps make this possible. That’s why they invest in a strong R&D pipeline and broad portfolio, including seeds and traits, chemical and biological crop protection, soil management, plant health, pest control and digital farming. With expert teams in the lab, field, office and in production, BASF connects innovative thinking and down-to-earth action to create real world ideas that work – for farmers, society and the planet. For more information, please visit www.agriculture.basf.com or any of BASF’s social media channels.
About William C. Berg
The NCGA-BASF college scholarship program is named in honor of Ohio farmer William C. Berg. A retired postal worker and farmer for more than 40 years, Bill served in various positions for both the Ohio Corn and Wheat Growers Association and the National Corn Growers Association. He tirelessly carried the agriculture message to Washington, DC year after year, where he sat face-to-face with congressmen and senators to lobby for sound agriculture policy on behalf of his fellow farmers. Bill passed away unexpectedly in 2012 and NCGA and Ohio Corn wished to honor his legacy. Program recipients can be proud to receive a scholarship honoring this staunch supporter of modern American agriculture.