(Posted Wed. Mar 16th, 2016)
The newly updated NCGA Action app provides members and friends of the National Corn Growers Association with new tools to engage and influence elected officials on Capitol Hill and at home in their legislative districts. Having our legislative issues, grassroots action alerts and social media channels at your fingertips makes staying engaged easier.
“Technology is changing rapidly,” said Grower Services Action Team Chair Patty Mann. “Five years ago, we were talking about innovations such as auto-steer and GPS tracking. Today, every farmer has a smart phone or tablet, and there are apps and tools designed especially for them to manage their operations, improve efficiency and reduce their environmental footprint. If we want to get more people involved in our state and national advocacy efforts, we need to have our information in their hands, and our updated app does that.”
Legislative issues are getting more complicated. Gone are the days when you only had to follow the Agriculture committee and only worried about what was in the farm bill. Our lobbyists monitor nearly every committee and we are working with broader coalitions and working with more groups trying to find common ground on our issues.
The application enables users to take action from a smartphone, providing access to:
- Talking points on key legislative and regulatory issues
- A built-in Take Action Center for voicing support on important legislation before Congress
- Live-sharing of multimedia on social media networks
- Live Twitter updates
- Congressional and state legislative directories
- A “mini-app” within the app for state corn associations to share state news and legislative issues
- A membership benefits and application area
The app is free and can be found by searching for “NCGA Action” at the Apple App Store or on Google Play.