(Posted Tue. Nov 19th, 2019)
Some of the nation’s leading agriculture experts and well-known personalities will be featured on the Main Stage during the 2020 Commodity Classic held Thursday, Feb. 27 through Saturday, Feb. 29 in San Antonio, Texas. Established in 1996, Commodity Classic is America’s largest farmer-led, farmer-focused agricultural and educational experience.
The Main Stage, presented by Successful Farming® and Commodity Classic, is located right on the trade show floor. Presentations are scheduled during trade show hours. The Main Stage line-up for 2020 includes:
- Brian Hefty and Darren Hefty of Ag Ph.D. speaking about the relationship between fertility and high yields
- A farmer panel discussing the challenge of transitioning a farm operation to the next generation
- A discussion of the economic factors impacting machinery purchases
- A panel discussion on nutrient stewardship and conservation
- An update on new regulations governing lighting and marketing standards for on-road ag equipment use
- The potential impact of African Swine Fever on grain markets, trade and U.S. livestock production
- Political trends and influences affecting farming and ranching
- Al Kluis, a marketing columnist for Successful Farming®, discussing marketing strategies
- A cooking demonstration by registered dietitian Mary Alice Cain
Commodity Classic is unlike any other agriculture event, featuring a robust schedule of educational sessions, a huge trade show featuring the latest technology, equipment and innovation, top-notch entertainment, inspiring speakers, unique optional tours and the opportunity to network with thousands of farmers from across the nation.
Registration and housing for the 2020 Commodity Classic are now available at www.CommodityClassic.com. A complete schedule of events and additional details are also available on the website.