The National Corn Growers Association announced the slate of new and returning farmer leaders who will serve their industry as members of the action teams and committees beginning on January 1, 2020. These volunteer farmers will actively shape the future of their industry by guiding programs and carrying out the policies and priorities that drive NCGA.
Current FY 2019 teams, committees and members will remain in place until the beginning of the new calendar year.
Leadership for NCGA’s seven major teams in 2020 will be:
- Ethanol Action Team: Mark Recker, chair; Kelly Nieuwenhuis, vice chair; Gary Porter, board liaison.
- Market Development Action Team: Dan Wesely, chair; Jed Bower, vice chair; Tom Haag, board liaison.
- Member and Consumer Engagement Action Team: Debbie Borg, chair; Lindsay Bowers, vice chair; Dennis Maple, board liaison.
- Production Technology Access Action Team: Chad Wetzel, chair; Kate Danner, vice chair; Brandon Hunnicutt, board liaison.
- Risk Management Action Team: Doug Noem, chair; Bill Leigh, vice chair; Harold Wolle, board liaison.
- Stewardship Action Team: Carl Sousek, chair; Andy Jobman, vice chair; Ken Hartman, board liaison.
- Sustainable Ag Research Action Team: Randy DeSutter, chair; Bob Hemesath, vice chair; Deb Gangwish, board liaison.
Click here for a full list of teams and members. The action teams and committees will have their first set of meetings in St. Louis in January.