There are now several demonstratable bio-advantaged molecules (PDO, FDCA, Malonic Acid, PLA) that compete on performance and can be derived from corn. We propose to bring stakeholders from both the supply and demand side together to identify those attributes that customers need and want. The goal of this meeting is to develop networks between renewable materials suppliers and increase knowledge of what is possible and what is needed.
Alignment with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- 3.9 By 2030, substantially reduce the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water and soil pollution contamination.
- 9.5 Enhance scientific research, upgrade the technological capabilities of industrial sectors in all counties, in particular developing countries, including, by 2030, encouraging innovation and substantially increasing the number of research and development workers per 1 million people and public and private research and development spending.
- 12.2 By 2030, achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources.
- 13.1 Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries.
- 15.1 By 2020, ensure the conservation, restoration and sustainable use of terrestrial and inland freshwater ecosystems and their services, in particular forests, wetlands, mountains, and drylands, in line with obligations under international agreements.